Newsletter for December 2020 Read more »
Dear Parents/ Carers,
Re: Fundraiser Mufti Day
Tomorrow, our school community, led by the SRC, will be raising funds in support of the Gunnedah Women’s Shelter.
Accordingly, students may wear mufti in return for a gold coin donation.
Kindly note the following:
– Students must wear enclosed shoes
– No short shorts
– No revealing singlet tops
– No inappropriate slogans
Ms M Doolan
Dear Parents/ Carers
Re: NAIDOC Day 2020
Coonabarabran High School will be celebrating NAIDOC on Friday 27th November from 12:30 pm. This will involve a number of activities commencing with a formal ceremony, with special guest Mr Chris Shaw Director Educational Leadership, a BBQ lunch and concluding with the Bill Robinson Cup, inter house League Tag competition.
Student are to wear sports uniform or their NAIDOC shirts (which are available for purchase form the school office for $20). The school canteen will be in operation as well as a complementary BBQ lunch for all students.
The 2020 Orion school year book is on sale now. It is available from the school office for just $10!
“Nomination Forms” for the Coonabarabran High School P&C Blue Awards can be obtained from the office at the High School.
Nominations close Wednesday, 3.00pm, 2 December 2020 and can be returned to the High School Office.
To be eligible the person nominated must be a student at Coonabarabran High School. Teams may also be nominated.
The criteria for consideration for an Award is for outstanding achievement in a
school-based or school-related activity, in any of the following areas:
1 Academic – HSC ATAR Result 95 or higher
– Top 10 in HSC State Subject List
(HSC Awards will apply to students of the previous years HSC)
– A minimum of 3 High Distinctions in National or International Competitions in different subject areas
2 Sporting – 1st, 2nd or 3rd in State Competitions
– State or National Individual or Team Representative
3 Other Fields of Endeavour
– 1st, 2nd or 3rd at State/National level or attainment of excellence consistent with the rigor above eg Whitlam Institute National Writing Competition, HSC Selection for participation in ArtExpress State tour, Design/Industrial Technology display Powerhouse Museum and Music Encore Concert at the Sydney Opera House.
Note: Consideration will be dependent on the number and quality of competitors in the nominated field of endeavour, and provided such achievement also reflects positive attitudes and participation in the school community.